Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output as directed.
- Assists with bathing, feeding, dressing, turning and re-positioning, and transporting (wheelchair, cart, or walking).
- Answers call lights, phones, changes bed linen, directs visitors, runs errands, and performs other functions as directed by the nursing staff.
- Observes the patients’ physical, mental, and emotional conditions and reports any changes to the nursing staff.
- Abides by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability privacy and security regulations regarding all aspects of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Serves a population newborn through geriatric.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Multi-tasking and prioritization skills
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Previous exposure to a medical environment.
- Medical terminology
REQUIRED BEHAVIORAL SKILLS :
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty and the willingness to do the right thing.
- The ability to role model, inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System.
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of caring that is reflected in a high level of empathy and customer service with all that we come in contact.
- Ability to manage conflict, consider other points of view, and offer alternative solutions without jeopardizing overall project direction and the ability to manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrated track record of ownership of situations, projects and issues.
- Able to work autonomously and have a high degree of flexibility to adapt to changing projects, priorities and work volumes.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse population.
- Treat all internal and external customers with a positive, proactive service orientation.
- Excellence :
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a proven ability to influence and lead teams to conclusion/decision making.
- Proven ability to think strategically but also must be able to lead day-to-day tactical processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and provide coaching and leadership on complex projects.
- Must be able to lead and/or facilitate process improvement.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Completion of one of the following four:
- Completion of a nurse assistant training program; OR
- Six months previous nurse assistant experience; OR
- Emergency medical technician (EMT) experience; OR
- Successful completion of the first semester of nursing school clinical, which includes basic clinical skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- One year nurse assistant experience in an acute care setting.
- American Heart Association BLS is required within 30 days of hire.
- Certification as a CNA in the State of Kansas
- American Heart Association BLS
We offer competitive pay, a generous benefit package and a reason to be proud of what you do, every day.
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job please visit the following URL:http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=CNA&c=Hutchinson+Regional+Healthcare+System&l=Hutchinson%2C+KS&jk=fa603b0b323d5644&rtk=1dav7v9jkh70n800&from=rss→