Communications Assistant – US Navy
Contingent on Contract Award
Apply for this job
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum seeks a cleared Communications Assistant to provide support to the Naval Surface Warfare Center. This individual will be part of a team of communications professionals, graphic designers, and researchers to provide strategic counsel, planning and execution of communication for the Naval Surface Warfare Center’s internal and external communication objectives.
- Provide communication engagement support for NSWCDD Commander and Technical Director for approximately 100 to 125 engagement events each year to include development of messages to align NSWCDD initiatives with those of the Secretary of the Navy, the Chief of Naval Operations, the Office of Legislative Affairs, Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA), and Program Executive Office (PEOs).
- Provide support for the development of the NSWCDD Strategic Communications Plan. Plans will be developed in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint formats. This includes visit agendas and sequences of events, and visit support and execution.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee the execution of meetings and special events to include distinguished visitors, historic milestones, anniversaries, and community events.
- Coordinate transportation, multimedia and visual information support, amenities, accommodations, site surveys, and event design while following military traditions and protocol based on OPNAVINST_1710.7A, Social Usage and Protocol Handbook.
- Maintain professional conduct during interactions with internal and external entities.
- Advise on social media and web layouts, develop social media campaigns,
- DoD Secret Clearance required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications field, public relations, or marketing and two years of related experience OR 6 years related experience in the field for public relations, public affairs or journalism related with experience in research, conducting interviews, writing, editing, and obtaining release/approval for articles, feature stories, news releases, and statements, including electronic, web based, and hard copy material.
- Proven ability to support employee communication programs and products, media relations programs, community relations, special events, and provide photography support.
- Familiarity with Newport Enterprise Realtime Development Server (NERDS) digital signage, Adobe Creative Cloud Production Premium, Microsoft Office Professional, AVS Video Converter, and Snagit10 screen capture software.
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.