Do you wish people could disagree but still have civil conversations? Are you frustrated that government at all levels can’t seem to get anything done? Do you want to bring people in your state together to solve problems and get lawmakers to take action? If these questions ignite passion for you and you excel at building partnerships focused on a common goal and building coalitions that work together to advance a cause, apply today for our Community Engagement Director role!
Our Community Engagement needs at Americans For Prosperity are growing quickly in support of our organization’s vision and mission in over 35 states. By applying here, we will consider you for all current openings and future needs.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Developing strategies to identify, engage, organize, and educate local community groups to establish coalitions across the country in support of AFP’s priority initiatives
- Identifying, planning, and engaging in activities that build strong partnerships with local groups
- Identifying and building partnerships with influential community members interested in participating in grassroots activities and connecting those individuals with opportunities to have an impact on local and federal policy priorities
- Encouraging community leaders to become life-long learners and develop strategies for training and educational opportunities to leverage coalition groups
- Serving as the face of AFP with local community groups to share the vision of the organization and connect them to the opportunities to partner and advance shared interests
- Identifying and connecting individuals within community groups who interested in advancing priority initiatives within opportunities within the chapter
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong relationship-building skills
- A drive to deepen your own knowledge and a focus on life-long learning
- A willingness to transform yourself and our organization to be more impactful in our efforts
- An ability to develop strategic and tactical plans centered around community groups coalitions to achieve outcomes
- A commitment to AFP’s vision and desire to advance state and federal priority initiatives
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country’s biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit-knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.