You’re an expert in analyzing geospatial and imagery data, but you don’t want to sit behind the same desk all day – you want to interact directly with the warfighters in-country. We’re looking for you—a Geospatial Analyst who can provide geospatial and imagery analysis on a rotating deployment schedule. On a 4 to 6-month rotation, you’ll operate from St. Louis, MO, then deploy to an OCONUS location. You will have the opportunity to provide support in-theater, to work with and understand the needs of your end customers. Using tools like ArcGIS, QT Modeler, and SocetGXP, you will take data from multiple sources to provide geospatial and imagery intelligence solutions including density graphics, heat maps, and terrain analyses.
You will also have opportunities to expand your skills with technical training to build your own tool kit and learn new technologies like full motion video (FMV), Python Scripting, and JEMA Modeling. Whether deploying individually, or as a team, your direct support to in-theater operations will provide you with the continuous insight and feedback from the warfighters who depend on your products and analysis.
Deployment incentives apply.
You’ll have the opportunity to connect in Communities of Excellence with others doing similar work, because we know that creativity is contagious, and when you don’t have to recreate the wheel, you can focus on new challenges. Benefit from our Digital University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Be empowered by our latest tools and technology, or take advantage of our tuition assistance. Take your creative ideas to the next level by applying to our Tech Innovators Program, which offers funding and time to explore your own interests.
You Must Have:
- 3+ years of experience with geospatial analysis
- Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, database entry, and graphics design principles expertise, ArcGIS, QT Modeler, the Integrated Exploitation Capability (IEC) system, RemoteView, or SocetGXP
- Knowledge of digital cartography, image processing, computer technology, geographic information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, and photogrammetry
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: ArcSDE, ArcView, ArcIMS, ArcTools, SocetSet, TerraExplorer or Builder, ERDAS IMAGINE, or MRSID
- Knowledge of a VB and VBA or equivalent object–oriented programming or scripting language, Oracle and equivalent and appropriate software used to analyze geospatial data, or commercial imagery, products, processes, and sensors
- Ability to read and comprehend intelligence issues and military affairs and use GIS to develop geospatial intelligence reports and products that solve problems
- Ability to deploy to CENTCOM and AFRICOM AOR for up to 6 months
- Ability to perform geospatial analysis and present results in the form of datasets, visualization, and models for inclusion in standard and formalized intelligence analysis products
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- HS diploma or GED
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with the extraction of feature data using NTM, Mapping, Charting and Geodesy (MC&G) Stereo Imagery, Digital Point Positioning Database (DPPDB) or Orth Rectified Mono Equivalent, including Precise Terrain and Ortho Product (PTOP), Mr. Sid Orth Rectified Geotiffs (MSOG), Precise Orth Rectified Image Datasets (POl D), and Controlled Image Base (CIB)
- Experience with identifying, compiling, and assessing geospatial and imagery data sets in support of requirements
- Experience with a previous deployment
- Experience in the military or with providing demonstrated support to military operations
- Knowledge of the NGA tasking and collection process
- Knowledge of NGA and the intelligence community (IC)
- Ability to create, update, and manage geospatial information system databases and products
- Ability to conduct quality control checks without significant errors
- Ability to use a variety of NGA specified digital data formats, including commercial imagery, panchromatic data, spectral data, and SAR and OPIR data
- Possession of excellent customer service skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.