FAR Government, Inc.
FAR Government, Inc. (FARGOV) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, woman-owned federal professional services company, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve and protect the American people.
EMT Instructors shall provide relevant Course Instruction support in subject areas listed below. The
curriculum will be provided by the Government. The desired result is to enable the Emergency Medical
Technician Units to react more quickly and efficiently to emergency situations with encountered obstacles
using the tools available in the performance measures.
- Instructor is responsible for providing quality standardized instruction and testing for the US Air
- Force Medical Technician.
- Conduct instruction in a variety of environments; to include: classrooms, laboratories, or outdoors
- at Fort Sam Houston, Texas.
- Instruction will include didactic and psychomotor training in an academic setting for basic EMT
- and limited primary care.
- Use appropriate training aids including computer based material and devices approved by the
- Director, AMSA and listed in the Program of Period of Instruction (POI), to execute and enhance training outcomes.
- Review current lesson plans with handbooks, study guides, and tests. Designs, prepares, and keeps other instructional aids including flip charts, viewgraphs, slides, etc. current.
- Use up-to-date knowledge of advanced medical subjects (standards of care) and EMT processes, practices, procedures that are pertinent and applied in the program of instruction.
- Graduate from a National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) program is
- Certificate or Associate’s Degree in a healthcare related field is highly desired.
- Knowledge and skills as they pertain to Emergency Medical Technician Department of Transportation (DOT) curriculum and objectives, advanced trauma treatment using tenants of Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TC3) is desired but not required.
- Knowledge and skills of a first responder; and of pre-hospital care as it applies to the 4N0X1 (Air Force Medical Technician).
- Knowledge and skill of limited medications as they apply to limited primary care; of physical and emotional reactions to a variety of treatment procedures, medical evaluation, procedures and treatment, trauma scenario development..
- Possess and maintain certification as an NREMT, Nationally Registered Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (NRAEMT), and Nationally Registered Paramedic (NRP) from NREMT.
- You must complete and pass the Basic Instructor Course (BIC) or equivalent Instructor Trainer’s course and obtain instructor certification as a condition of employment.
- One year of experience as an EMT, NREMT, NRAEMT or NRP after graduation.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
FARGOV is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job please visit the following URL:http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=EMT+Instructor&c=FAR+Government&l=San+Antonio%2C+TX&jk=dd3d01ba9a0a04bd&rtk=1dfi0gho6f323800&from=rss→