The Engineering Department Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting with daily clerical tasks and administrative support to department managers.
Live. Work. Explore. Yellowstone National Park Is Naturally Different
What We Are Looking For
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members to help guests find their ultimate Yellowstone experience—all while working to protect and preserve the park for future generations. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park.
What You Are Looking For
- Are you interested in working, living, and being an ambassador in Yellowstone National Park?
- Are you looking to make friends with people from all over the world?
- Do you have a positive attitude and solid work ethic?
- Are you seeking upward mobility and growth opportunities?
- Are you looking to gain experience in tourism & hospitality operations
- Are you enthusiastic about Xanterra’s sustainability initiatives?
If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, a job in Yellowstone is ideal for you!
We have an immediate opening available for the 2020 season. If living, working, and exploring in Yellowstone sounds intriguing and exciting to you, please read on.
- Start Date: April 2020
- Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal
- Schedule: Varies – 40+ hours per week.
- Low-cost housing (dormitory style) and meals (cafeteria style) provided
- Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth) provided
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, biking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, educational programs, film series, sports competitions, and more!)
- Exclusive discounts in and around Yellowstone
- Living in the world’s first National Park
A Day in the Life
We operate 9 lodging facilities, 31 restaurants, and 5 campgrounds inside Yellowstone National Park. Our team members play an integral role in continuing the daily operation of our park.
Assists the Engineering Department Office Manager with:
- Engineering clerical workload, filing & data entry, as delegated by the Office Manager.
- Contract Administration administrative tasks.
- Project Management administrative support.
- Facilities Management administrative support.
- Compiling monthly Project & Facility Management reports for submission to the National Park Service (NPS) and tracking correspondence transactions between NPS and Engineering Department. Taking and distributing accurate meeting minutes in a timely manner.
- Is responsible for adhering to Xanterra’s sustainability program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
Candidates interested in Engineering Administrative Assistant in Yellowstone are drawn to the unique opportunity to work in the world’s first national park. You should be enthusiastic about our sustainability initiatives and mission to provide ‘legendary hospitality with a softer footprint’.
- Must be proficient in all MS Office applications, Adobe Acrobat, Google Earth and the use of search engines. Experience with CMMS software is desired but not required. The successful candidate will possess the ability, curiosity and willingness required to quickly become proficient with company-specific software.
- Working knowledge of general accounting principles and credit/debit ledgers preferred.
- Must be able to efficiently communicate and develop working relationships with all Xanterra departments, contractors, architects, engineers and NPS through effective writing and speaking skills.
- Must be at least 18 years old and possess a current, valid, driver’s license with a good driving record for the past 3 years.
- Must be able to read, understand, interpret and comply with all Xanterra’s company policies and procedures.
What We Believe
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. “Our Softer Footprint” focuses on how we reduce our environmental impact through our comprehensive environmental initiatives. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.
Equal Opportunity Employment