Milwaukee Area Technical College
Under the direction of the Associate Dean, teach courses in the Criminal Justice-Law Enforcement program, to develop and update curriculum, prepare training materials and complete all state mandated materials related to courses taught. Related duties include participation in college, division and department activities and other duties as assigned.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare for and deliver instruction and perform teaching-related activities.
- Manage the classroom/laboratory.
- Develop curriculum and monitor and revise as appropriate to maintain course effectiveness; assist in program evaluation.
- Manage equipment, supplies and materials.
- Assess student performance and advise students on academic issues.
- Collaborate with advisory committee in program area.
- Attend departmental and institutional meetings.
- Promote the education/training program, participate in efforts to recruit and retain students, and participate in efforts to market MATC.
- Support student organizations and activities.
- Develop relationships with business and industry.
- Complete program evaluation and follow-up.
- Maintain certification, continue professional development and stay current in field.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must have one of the following:
Associate’s or higher degree in Police Science, Criminal Justice, Corrections or a related field -or-
Employed in Law Enforcement or Corrections prior to 1993, must show more than 10 years of continuous employment in Law Enforcement or Corrections.
Must have 5 years (10,000 hours) of work experience as a certified law enforcement office or a corrections officer. -or-
Must have 5 years (10,000 hours) as a certified Wisconsin Department of Justice, Law Enforcement Standard Board (LESB) law enforcement or jail instructor.
In addition, one of the following must be met:
At least one year of work experience must have occurred within the last five years -or-
Two years of teaching Police Science, Criminal Justice or Corrections course work at the post-secondary level within the last five years
Must be able to be certified as a General Law Enforcement Instructor or General Jail Instructor by the Wisconsin Department of Justice, Law Enforcement Standards Board (LESB) and the ability to be certified as a topic-specific instructor.
Apply for job
Apply For This Job
To apply, please visit the following URL:http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Instructor&c=Milwaukee+Area+Technical+College&l=Oak+Creek%2C+WI&jk=3b397f9942dcf18b&rtk=1de68qof5f0jm800&from=rss→