IBM Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
In this exciting role, the Jr SOC Analyst will be responsible for the monitoring and auditing of U.S. Federal client mainframe systems to ensure the protection of those systems, information resources, and data within. The analyst will monitor, track, and analyze mainframe networks/systems for potential security violations/anomalies and respond to all such incidents.
- You will work with all teams to investigate potential security violations, respond, and report accordingly. Additionally, the analyst will perform continuous monitoring duties such as vulnerability assessments, manual configuration reviews, and event analysis.
- Perform analysis of network traffic and security related events
- Perform incident response, triage, and reporting
- Operate & Utilize security-related tools/devices
- Develop procedures and documentation related to the security operations
IBM is hiring these positions to be located at our Rocket Center, West Virginia office (near Cumberland, MD). United States Citizenship, relocation to the Rocket Center area, and the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance are required.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000i, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Cyber security operations and maintenance environment – 1 Year
- Security Event Log monitoring – 1 Year
- Network/System traffic/event analysis –1 Year
- Vulnerability Management – 1 Year
- Vulnerability Scan Tools – 1 Year
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention Monitoring –1 Year
- Analytical and Correlation Tools – 1 Year
- CompTIA Security+
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Understanding of firewalls and intrusion prevention/detection systems including the ability to demonstrate a mature understanding of networking best practices
- Understanding of security compliance related to FISMA, NIST, and related security and risk management regulations
- Mainframe systems (e.g., z/OS).
- PERL, PHP, Python and/or other scripting languages
- Experience with the following specific tools: QRadar, Nessus Security Center, Rational AppScan, Guardium, McAfee ePO,
- CISSP or CISM.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.