Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a Junior Information Security Analyst in Morgantown, WV.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro’s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
- Participate and manage continuous monitoring / security operation activities
- Participate in technical assessment using standard industry tools
- Identify and mitigate risks throughout assessments
- Participate in security control reviews and provide improvement guidance
- Work with users to resolve concerns and explain how to minimize security risks
- Respond to security related events and incidents
- Create Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) for Cyber tools
- With a positive attitude and work ethic, provide information and systems security support to the organization under minimal supervision.
- Maintains systems to protect data from unauthorized users and monitors compliance with the organization’s information security policies and procedures.
- Performs daily monitoring activities, including analysis of logs and reports from firewalls and other boundary protection devices to identify and investigate anomalous log entries which impact the confidentiality, integrity, or availability of information systems.
- Identifies vulnerabilities that are applicable to systems and applications to assess their severity and urgency
- Works with system administrators and network administrators to track corrective action, resolution progress, and mitigation of vulnerabilities.
- Maintains, and monitors network intrusion detection systems.
- Maintains, and utilizes automated vulnerability scanning tools.
- Supports Security Operations Center (SOC) operations on a rotating basis for event and incident response.
- Associates degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, System Engineering, or equivalent.
- 0 to 5 years of related experience
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Through technical training, education and/or experience:
- Experience with various information technologies and disciplines such as but not limited to Windows Servers, Windows Active Directory, Network Routing & Switching, Window PC, Windows Database Technologies, Software Applications
- Experience breaking down technical problems for analysis and proposing recommended solutions
- Experience in understanding the core principles in the field of information and systems security.
- Exposure to or skills with any of the following: NIST 800-53, Networking, Server Operations or one of the LM Cybersecurity technical systems (Splunk, Security Center, McAfee ePO, Cisco FirePower)
- Risk Assessment experience
- General Information Technology (IT) technical knowledge related to Personal Computers (PCs), PC Applications, Enterprise IT Equipment & Applications.
- General technical knowledge of common cyber security utilities and tools such as nmap, wirehark, powershell, sysinternals, python, regular expressions, text editors
- General technical knowledge of common IT protocols such as dns, dhcp, tftp, tls/ssl, http, sip, smtp, snmp, ssh, telnet, icmp, ntp, udp.
- Displays excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and motivation to learn new skills in an evolving information security landscape.
- Displays and promotes a positive attitude and possesses unwavering integrity and extraordinary adherence to high ethical standards
- Team Player with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
- Windows Operating Systems (win7, win10)
- Microsoft Office 2016 (outlook, word, excel, visio, power point, outlook)
- Various Web Conferencing tools (Skype, WebEx)
- Various Web Browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome)
Preferred qualifications but are not required:
- Any IT Related Certifications such as CompTIA Security+, Cisco CCNA, Network+, CompTIA A+, CISSP, CompTIA Network+,
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
Apply For This Job
To apply, please visit the following URL:http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Junior+Information+Security+Analyst&c=Navarro&l=Morgantown%2C+WV&jk=072c2c7c153ec4e8&rtk=1dhal2vvh1s3j000&from=rss→