State of South Carolina
- Conducts unannounced searches in conjunction with Agency Search Team of SCDC institutions.
- Responsible for care of assigned K-9, to include feeding, grooming and overall safety.
- Provides weekly intelligence to Director of Division of Security involving institutions assigned area of coverage.
- Assists with locating escaped inmates on an as-needed basis.
- Prepares reports and other documentation for court proceedings if needed.
- Maintains assigned state vehicle and equipment in accordance with agency policy.
- Provides assistance to agency search team and responds to institutional emergencies providing support to rapid response team as directed.
- Maybe required to respond after hours and on weekend.
Will be Filling two positions from this announcement.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
State of South Carolina minimum requirements:
A high school diploma and supervisory experience in Correctional, Security or Police work.
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC minimum requirements:
Three (3) years experience in Correctional Security or Police work, to include one (1) year of Correctional Supervisory experience. Must be Certified by the South Carolina Department of Corrections Training Academy and successfully complete the Basic Supervisory Course and K-9 Handler Certification within six (6) months of entry into position.
This position is recruited through NEOGOV only; you must apply online via this website to be considered for this position.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job please visit the following URL:http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Lieutenant&c=State+of+South+Carolina&l=Richland+County%2C+SC&jk=971075f188ffb861&rtk=1dd4om6nc48j1800&from=rss→