The ideal candidate for the Loan Services Representative position at River Valley will be primarily responsible for all servicing related loan transaction records, including but not limited to, payment history, escrow transactions, customer inquiries, complaint resolution, credit bureau reporting, participation transactions, investor records and regulatory compliance.
Individuals in this position should possess fundamental knowledge of principles, practices and procedures and have the ability to complete varied assignments. Assignments may require individuals in this position to use some originality and ingenuity. Individuals in this position should have the ability to improve communications within the department as well as support and implement change.
What you’ll be doing:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
Ensure accuracy of the loan terms and conditions reflected within the bank’s core operating system and related systems.
Ensure accurate and timely posting of all loan account transactions.
Ensure accurate and timely real estate property tax reporting using Tax Tracking Software; provide management with accurate and timely tax status reporting.
Responsible for accurate and timely reporting to all bank investors to include validating investor settlement related accounting transactions.
Maintenance of an effective and efficient escrow accounting process including, but not limited to, annual and short-year analysis, escrow interest applications, escrow deposits and escrow disbursements.
Ensure accuracy of general ledger accounts affected by servicing related loan transaction activity.
Provide file reviews related to Customer Identification Program (CIP).
Responsible for accurate and timely processing of loan participation transactions.
Providing accurate and timely payoff quotes.
Processing accurate and timely account verifications.
Responsible for monitoring escrow transactions related to collateral damaged insurance claims and effectively facilitating the process flow for disbursements.
Responsible for processing timely disbursements of Construction Loan advances.
All aspects of credit bureau reporting including the accurate and timely response to credit disputes and complaints.
Implementation and maintenance of various software used for collateral tracking purposes.
Implementation and maintenance of a timely paid loan process.
Balances and files claims for Credit Life and Accident & Health Insurance accounts.
Responsible for accurate and timely Small Business Administration reporting.
Provides excellent written and oral communication relative to Customer loan inquiries.
What you’ll bring to the table:
5-8 years of professional experience in the industry preferred. Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or equivalent industry training or experience related to mortgage lending, processing and compliance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of core processing systems, Microsoft Office, Windows, Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software, Database software and loan origination software.
Why we love working at River Valley:
- PTO for Doers and Dollars for Doers Program
- Banking Product Benefits
- Birthday Holiday
- Profit Sharing/401K plan w/company contribution
- Paid Community Service Opportunities
- Scholarship Program for children of employees
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Health, Dental, Vision, and other insurance benefits
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- HSA and FSA
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Employee Advocacy Group
- Career Development Opportunities
River Valley Vocabulary:
I.C.E. | Incredible Customer Experience |
At River Valley our service philosophy focuses on delivering an “Incredible Customer Experience” by empowering smart, happy people who love to serve. Our employees commit to being available anytime, anywhere, doing it now, and doing it right. Providing customer service with a Concierge Attitude means we become personal assistants for our customers, delivering assistance in extraordinary and unexpected ways.
Accurate | consistent with a standard |
Provide error free interactions with attention to every detail. Follow guidelines, policies and procedures. Deliver a quality result that is proactive and correct. Verify that all information provided is understood and applicable. In the event of an error always make it right.
Accountable | responsible |
We have an obligation and willingness to accept responsibility for our actions. Take ownership of the inquiry and confirm the resolution to all involved. Recognize the sense of urgency in every situation and respond accordingly. Maintain and share the knowledge needed to accomplish excellence in your role. Designate a resource in your absence.
Accommodating | eager to help |
Remove obstacles and exceed expectations, making it easy to do business with us. Be respectful. Be available and responsive. Make sure the solution solves the problem. Anticipate needs and proactively meet them.
It is the responsibility of each employee to assure that his or her work complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations. Employees should report all known or suspected compliance problems to the compliance officer or to their supervisor. Each employee will be required to complete assignments by a specific due date to assure that the employee’s duties and responsibilities are performed in a manner that results in compliance with the spirit and the letter of applicable laws and regulations. All employees at River Valley will be held accountable to perform their job with a high degree of ethics, to continually enforce our focus on conducting business with integrity.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- The ability to be an effective role model and support employees on a daily basis through the process of change. The degree to which the individual demonstrates a positive example and environment in leading staff toward achievement of company vision and values. Shows values and respect for those with different styles, abilities and motivations. Is effective as an immediate coach and mentor. The ability to motivate employees, preserve high morale, and supervise with fairness and consistency.
Attention to Detail:
- The level at which tasks are performed carefully, accurately, and in accordance with specific instructions. Consistency of work quality and compliance with standards, requirements, and expectations. The tracking of numerical data and detailed organizational information, and the careful application of grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules.
- Individual possesses and demonstrates the technical ability to perform required duties, is practical in applying knowledge to assignments, and maintains expertise by keeping current with new developments and procedures.
- The ability to define and offer solutions to resolve problems. Uses knowledge of the organization to identify helpful resources.
- Written – Individual writes clearly and concisely with little need for editing (includes spelling and grammar). Oral – Expresses self in speech as to be clearly and completely understood; uses customers’ names when appropriate; supports a favorable environment for open communication; addresses concerns or problems in an open non-defensive manner; conveys self-confidence and knowledge of subject in speaking to customers. Listens – Is attentive and transmits correct information to appropriate people; accepts constructive feedback.
- The level of trustworthiness, character, professionalism, confidentiality, and honesty in dealing with internal or external customers.
- Individual demonstrates a positive and helpful attitude toward customers (internal and external), understands their importance to River Valley Bank and understands how his/her job affects customers; establishes and maintains good relationships through interactions or work completed; projects a positive and professional image of River Valley Bank; Provides “WOW” customer service: Win every customer over, take Ownership of every customer issue and have a Wonderful time doing what you do.”
General Physical Requirements:
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a minimum amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and make fine discriminations in sound.
Vision: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation or machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office of administrative work).
Some travel may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
River Valley is an EEO/AA Employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job please visit the following URL:http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Loan+Service+Representative&c=River+Valley&l=Wausau%2C+WI&jk=409ee2c182d6516b&rtk=1df7o7aahf2gr800&from=rss→