MALE CORRECTION OFFICER/CIVILIAN DISPATCHER
PRICE COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT
Price County is currently accepting applications for the position of Male Correction Officer/Civilian Dispatcher within the Price County Sheriff’s Department. This position maintains security within the Price County detention facility and is responsible for the safety and well-being of all prisoners committed to the detention facility. Work involves booking arrested persons upon arrival to jail, controlling the movements of prisoners, conducting searches and transporting prisoners to and from other jail facilities, as well as answering phones, dispatching officers to complaints, time system data entry, management system data entry and other clerical duties as assigned. Applicants must be willing to work 12 hour shifts and must be available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays. This is a regular, full-time position with a starting hourly wage of $18.74 for day shift and $18.89 for night shift (Grade F) and full benefit package.
Located in north central Wisconsin, midway between Hayward and Minocqua, Price County is home
to a variety of natural resources. Our abundance of woods and waters provides endless outdoor
recreational opportunities. The communities in Price County offer shopping, dining, services,
affordable housing and a friendly atmosphere.
Minimum Qualifications for this position are:
- Must be citizen of the United States
- 18 years of age or older upon appointment
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Have a valid Wisconsin driver’s license upon appointment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with departmental coworkers, and management staff
- Must be able to physically perform all the necessary duties of the position. Will be required to complete an agility/fitness assessment.
- Ability to possess a firearm
- No felony convictions
- No domestic abuse convictions
The selection process for this position may include a written examination, a background investigation, an oral interview, a physical assessment, a medical examination including a drug screen and a psychological assessment.
PLEASE NOTE: A Wisconsin Department of Justice form DJ-LE-330 Application for Employment, including questions A – C answered on separate sheet(s) of paper, must be fully completed and received by the application deadline in order to be considered for this position. Application materials are available from and may be submitted to the following:
- In person or by mail at the Price County Office of Administration, Price County Courthouse 126 Cherry St., Rm. 106, Phillips, WI 54555
- By phone at (715)339-6404 – Please leave message with spelling of name and address
- Online at co.price.wi.us
- By fax (715) 339-6434
Completed applications must be received by the Price County Office of Administration no later than 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 3, 2019.
Price County is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.74 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Wisconsin driver’s (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
Apply For This Job
To apply, please visit the following URL:http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Male+Correction+Office+Civilian+Dispatcher&c=PRICE+COUNTY&l=Phillips%2C+WI&jk=279c54926a8846e2&rtk=1de68qntnblle800&from=rss→