Operational Medicine Instructor – Secret Clearance – Blackstone, VA
The Operational Medicine Instructor will serve as an instructor and subject matter expert on operational medicine issues and will present instruction in the form of lectures, conferences, group discussions, and psychomotor exercises. The incumbent will instruct a broad spectrum of students using adult learning techniques; guides student activities and monitors students during practical applications of skills; applies current Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) doctrine and develops curriculum, including computer or web-based training. The incumbent will maintain currency in tactical/operational medical issues, review medical and open-source publications, and liaise with the medical community to ensure current information and procedures are incorporated into courses.
The incumbent maintains contact with personnel associated with curriculum development and instructional standards, analytic development, and instructional support design programs in other medical, tactical medical, federal, and public educational organizations to ensure professional educational standards are maintained.
The position is based at the U.S. Department of State, Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC) in Blackstone, VA.
- Delivers specialized training and instruction in operational medicine utilizing current TCCC and Diplomatic Security (DS) medical guidelines
- Develops course content, lesson plans, and student manuals
- Works with other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to create and update lesson plans, instructor guides, student guides, practical exercises, and power points in coordination with the curriculum development staff using approved formats
- Assists in the evaluation process to determine the effectiveness of the training and makes recommendations for improvement
- Develops course scheduling and coordinates with government and intra-agency groups to ensure calendar and training area deconfliction for events
- Provides logistical and general support by performing tasks associated with receiving, unpacking, storing, assembling and issuing supplies, materials and equipment
- Travels to multiple locations to provide instruction and performs duties in field conditions in all climates
- Develops training scenarios relevant to real world conditions for student practical applications
- Evaluates materials and equipment for modernization to reflect current standards
- Maintains and utilizes high-value realistic human simulators
- Ensures levels of supplies are adequate to facilitate training and practical exercises
- Assists in class coordination, administrative duties, and practical exercises for other courses
- Assists in student record management
- Employs applicable Department of State security standards and procedures to protect National Security information
- Travels as necessary to other U.S. and foreign training sites, though it is not expected such travel will exceed 25% of total work time
- Operates US government vehicles as necessary in the performance of assigned tasks
- Employee requires some supervision and has a growing opportunity to exercise independent judgment and initiative in the line of work
- Two or more years of instructional experience
- Five to ten years of prior military service and experience or equivalent experience in the functional area field
- Successfully graduated from military or civil schooling in the designated program or functional areas:
o. SOCM course graduate, MOS 18D, Air Force Independent Medical Duty, AFSC 4N071C, Pararescue, AFSC 1T471, Special Amphibious Recon Corpsman, Navy Independent Duty Corpsman, NEC 8404
p. Advanced Emergency Medical Technician or higher with tactical medical experience (SWAT/TEMS), WPPS
- Completed at least one utilization tour or assignment in the designated program or functional areas or successfully graduated from military or civil schooling and completed assignment(s) in the designated program or functional areas
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in an associated technical discipline or equivalent
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge in training course administrative/logistics preferred
- Must be able to meet physical requirements (walking, standing, bending, and lifting of medium to heavy objects
- Program support experience in a training and/or educational environment
- Knowledge of training and instructional methodologies related to adult learning
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Ability to develop or review training/course materials, aids, devices, etc., and evaluate training result
- Work in the occupation or subject-matter field of the position to be filled that required training or instructing others on a regular basis
- Recent experience in teaching TCCC or tactical/operational medicine
- Knowledge of MS Office suite and/or other general office applications
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be willing and able to drive official US Government vehicles up to and including 16 passenger vans
In legal compliance with the terms of our U.S. Government contract the candidate must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company