University of Wisconsin System
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Program Assistant (Nursing).
This position reports to the Coordinator of the UW-Parkside/UW-Milwaukee Consortial Nursing program. The Program Assistant functions as the administrative support staff for this program and offers support to the College of Natural and Health Sciences. This is a 10-month position working 32 hours a week between the hours of 7:30am-4:30pm with some flexibility. Typical non-paid time off is between June-August.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general administrative and program support to Faculty and Staff in the UW-Parkside/UW-Milwaukee Consortial Nursing program.
- Internal liaison between faculty, staff, students, Director(s), and Dean’s office.
- Provide current and prospective students with information about the UW-Parkside/UW-Milwaukee Consortial Nursing program.
- Coordinate room usage assigned for specific UW-Parkside/UW-Milwaukee Consortial Nursing program courses and labs along with duties relevant topurchasing supplies and equipment.
- Report monthly expenses, including but not limited to, telephone, photocopying, postage, duplicating (Creative Services), course fees and facilities charges.
- Manage computerized scheduling of student advising appointments. Prepare daily calendar of advising appointments for the nursing advisor and send reminders to students.
- Administrative and fiscal.
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Knowledge of project and file management skills
- Ability to have strong customer service communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to interact and partner with university administration, faculty, staff and students
- Handle a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interpret data and analysis
- Good judgment and decision-making ability
- Ability to work and prioritize in fast-paced environment with students, advisor and faculty
- Ability to analyze University policies, rules and regulations relating to accounting and purchasing, teaching, student records, travel expense reporting, and maintaining records will be important
- Knowledge and hands-on experience using Microsoft suite , Outlook and Excel
- Knowledge of general accounting and budgeting principles
- Experience scheduling appointments
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
- Associate Degree
- 1 year Administrative/office experience
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. . It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 – App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applicants should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available at https://www.uwp.edu/live/offices/universitypolice/crimestats.cfm. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
UW-Parkside is a regional comprehensive university that is committed to accessibility, academic excellence, student success, diversity, and community engagement. This beautiful campus is on 700 acres of woodland & prairie in the heart of the Milwaukee/Chicago corridor, between Racine and Kenosha and near Lake Michigan. The university enrolls approximately 5,000 students, many of whom are first- generation and nontraditional students. UW-Parkside benefits from the diversity of the communities it services in Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth Counties. Kenosha and Racine are small cities that offer tranquility and convenience. The myriad attractions of Milwaukee and Chicago are easily accessible, as is the solitude of the country. UW-Parkside is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a multicultural, pluralistic campus environment.
The tri-county region that comprises the University’s primary service area is home to an impressive array of businesses. There are more than 10,000 small businesses in the region, as well as a large number of globally-recognized employers. The college, through its active, engaged Advisory Board, enjoys a close relationship with many of these businesses. For further information regarding the University and community, please see our website at www.uwp.edu.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Monday July 29th, 2019 are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are requested to complete an online application. To begin the application process click the “Apply for Job” button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the “Register Now” link. If you are already a registered user, input your “User Name” and “Password” and select “Sign In.”
Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please be sure you have included:
- Cover Letter
- Names and emails of three professional references
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by 11:59 Monday July 29th, 2019. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
It is the policy of UW Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
If you have application questions call or email:
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job please visit the following URL:http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Program+Assistant&c=University+of+Wisconsin+System&l=Kenosha%2C+WI&jk=c4f90a92d45c2984&rtk=1dfcrq3tnf11i800&from=rss→