Report Writer / Visualization Specialist OCONUS:
The Report Writer will analyze quantitative and qualitative data to prepare end user reports and present the data to colleagues. S/he will also serve as the Data Visualization Specialist, and will apply design and data analysis techniques to organize the presentation of data in visually innovative ways in order to make it easier to understand, insightful, and actionable by end users. The Report Writer will work under the supervision of the FIAT PM, and will support the PM, DPM and Project Manager in the day-to-day operation of all reporting activities and ensure that there is a sound system in place for FIAT staff members to create, disseminate and utilize reports that are defined under the scope of the FIAT.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Reporting Specialist will be based in Kabul, Afghanistan. Expected duties include the following:
- Develop a reporting system for FIAT, and assist with the day-to-day management of reporting activities from the field.
- Create a report repository system for all deliverables and ensure that it is updated regularly.
- Review and compile FIAT data; analyze this data and report on the findings in Monthly and Quarterly Reports, and other deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
- At least three (3) years of specific reporting and visualization type experience is required.
- At least two (2) years of supervisory experience is required.
- Working knowledge of software packages commonly used for data analysis (SAS, STATA and/or SPSS).
- Working knowledge of qualitative analysis software (NVIVO, etc.) and GIS systems (ArcGIS, Q-GIS, etc.).
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and Tableau or a similar data visualization software.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong presentation and communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret personnel security clearance issued by the Defense Security Service (DSS).
- Self-disciplined and motivated critical thinker who can work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in English is required – oral, written, verbal; Knowledge of Dari, Pashtu is preferred
Security Clearance: Secret