IBM Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
In this exciting role, the Security Tools Engineer (Mainframe) will be responsible for the configuration, implementation, and administration of security tools for U.S. Federal systems managed by IBM, specifically as they are applied to mainframe systems.
- The tools engineer will configure and manage security tools in compliance with Federal and Department of Defense requirements while also ensuring continued compliance for all devices.
- The Security Tools Engineer, Mainframe will work with the security operations center team to ensure security devices/tools are configured properly to monitor, track, and analyze mainframe networks/systems for potential security violations while also assisting in all such potential incidents.
- You will provide Information security subject matter expertise
- Administration / Management of Host Based Intrusion Prevention System
- Administration / Management of SIEM Tools
- Administration / Management of Vulnerability Analysis Tools
- Review updated STIG / hardening guidance and ensure all tools are configured in compliance with Federal requirements
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000i, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Host Based Intrusion Prevention system administration/management –2 Years Experience
- Security Information Event Management (SIEM) Tool administration – 2 Years Experience
- Vulnerability Scan Tools – 2 Years experience
- Intrusion Detection / Prevention administration – 2 Years
- Mainframe systems (e.g., z/OS)
- CompTIA Security+
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Trend Micro – 1 Year
- McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (HBSS) Administration – 1 Year
- QRadar administration/monitoring – 1 Year
- ACAS Security Center Vulnerability Scan Tools – 1 Year
- CISSP or CISM.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.