State of Wisconsin
Health Services, Department of
Supervising Officer DHS
Job Announcement Code(s): 19-01967
Job Working Title:
Evening 2nd Shift (3pm to 11pm or similar hours)
Evening 3rd Shift (11pm to 7am or similar hours)
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS); Sand Ridge Secure Treatment Center (SRSTC) is recruiting to fill a Correctional Captain position in Mauston, WI.
Established in 2001, Sand Ridge Secure Treatment Center (SRSTC) is considered on of the premier secure facilities in sexual offender treatment with leading researchers in the field of sexual offender therapy throughout the United States. SRSTC employees serve the treatment needs of male patients placed at the facility under civil commitments.
State of Wisconsin benefits include at least 3.5 weeks of vacation, 9 paid holidays, ample sick time, a top rated health plan, multiple insurance options and an exceptional retirement plan.
Work hours are: 2nd shift: 1:30 pm – 10:00 pm; 3rd shift: 9:30 pm – 6:00 am
Employees who work night hours will receive a $0.45 add-on per hour and employees who work weekend hours will receive a $0.60 add-on per hour.
- Rotations of up to 7 days in a row.
- Two week-ends off a month
- As needed based on operational needs, overtime shifts up to 16 hours total in one shift may be required.
Click here to see what working for the State of Wisconsin is all about!
This position is responsible for the administration and coordination of the security function of the SRSTC. This position is responsible for supervising staff, and for carrying out administrative functions relative to security in a 24 hour facility.
Due to the nature of the position, all applicants who may be appointed to this position will be required to allow the DHS to conduct a background investigation to determine whether the circumstances of any conviction may be related to the job being filled. Applicants with a conviction record will be asked to discuss this record.
Due to the nature of these positions, individuals may be required to undergo a physical ability assessment. You will be required to have your personal Health Care Provider certify that you are able to perform the physical ability assessment. Continuation in the recruitment process is contingent on passing this assessment. You will be allowed three attempts to pass the physical ability assessment.
All appointees will be required to receive a TB test, which will be administered by SRSTC or medical personnel approved by the facility prior to their start date.
The employment register established as a result of this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
Minimally qualified candidates will have:
- Legal ability to possess firearms.
- Physical ability to properly utilize firearms.
- Ability to meet the physical ability standards of this position.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed including staying for the next shift( up to 16 hours total in one shift)
- Experience working in a supervisory position (e.g., hiring, training, performance evaluations, discipline, scheduling, etc.)
- Successful completion of the Academy Training Program provided by SRSTC or the Department of Corrections Correctional
- Experience applying security techniques in an institutional setting (e.g., conducting security rounds, proper application of restraints and use of force techniques, conducting investigations, organizing training drills, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess or maintain a valid driver’s license and meet the requirements of the State of Wisconsin Fleet Vehicle policy to drive a state vehicle.**
**State of Wisconsin Fleet Vehicle Policy:
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Minimum of two year’s driving experience
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- 3 or more moving violations (with point reductions) and/or at fault accidents in the past 2 years
- An OWI/DUI violation within the past 12 months
- A suspension or revocation of the driver’s license
Well-qualified candidates will also have:
- Experience with Chapters 51, 980, and other relevant Wisconsin State Statutes relating to security and mental health
- Experience developing or assisting in development of operating procedures for internal and perimeter security of a complex
- Experience training new staff on security related roles and duties
- Experience conducting investigations related to staff and/or patient/inmate incidents
Pay will be set in accordance with the compensation plan in effect at the time of appointment. The starting pay is $30.00 – $35.00 per hour, and is in pay schedule/range 81/03. A 12 month probationary period is required.
Apply For This Job
To apply, please visit the following URL:http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Supervising+Officer+Dhs&c=State+of+Wisconsin&l=Wisconsin&jk=aa55ca116a50c7f7&rtk=1dfpout0kf323800&from=rss→