State of Wyoming
Open Until Filled
Assists certified staff in the overall functioning and daily classroom tasks; tutors residents both in and outside classroom at the secondary level, including residents working toward their high school equivalency certification; distributes classroom materials and collects them, assists instructors; surveys residents in various activities and classroom transition; observes behaviors of residents in classroom settings, reports and discusses with appropriate staff, in accordance with goals and objectives of overall therapeutic program; assists with classroom coverage and implementation of lesson plans designed by certified staff.
Human Resource Contact: Kim Schoenbaum email@example.com 307-674-7476
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Manages and interacts with students in classroom setting.
- Tutors students with one-on-one assistance in academic needs.
- Assists Certified Teachers with classroom supervision and individualized instruction.
- Corrects tests, work book papers and scores tests.
- Facilitates academic pre and post test achievement.
- Observes behavior of institution resident, and reports this to and discusses this with supervisor or in unit meetings, in accordance with goals and objectives of a therapeutic program.
- Surveys students on campus to help prevent accidents.
- Assists security in supervision of residents whose behavior requires an alternative education setting.
- Transports students.
- Assists with dormitory coverage when necessary.
Preference may be given to applicants who either hold or are able to acquire their Wyoming Substitute Teaching Certificate.
- Knowledge of the General Education Development content areas and language arts.
- Knowledge of mathematics, literature, social studies, history and sciences.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures established for the work system, acquired on the job.
Education & Experience Substitution:
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- All positions within the Department of Family Services will require a background information check, including the taking of fingerprints which will be completed through the Wyoming Department of Criminal Investigation, the Department of Family Services and the Federal Bureau of Investigation for every successful applicant.
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
Apply For This Job
To apply, please visit the following URL:http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Teacher+Aide&c=State+of+Wyoming&l=Sheridan%2C+WY&jk=e84302de751d48d2&rtk=1di6vhs0hhae7800&from=rss→