Located in the U.S. and a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime, Hydroid is the world’s most trusted manufacturer of advanced Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs). Our marine robotics systems provide innovative and reliable full-picture solutions for the marine research, defense, hydrographic and offshore/energy markets. Our products represent the most advanced, diversified and field-proven family of AUVs and AUV support systems in the world.
Hydroid employees are passionate about their work and strive to produce top-quality products and service. All products are designed and manufactured at the Hydroid facilities in Pocasset, MA.
Manufactures, repairs, upgrades and tests autonomous vehicles and auxiliary equipment.
- Build and maintain customer support/relations in house and in the field to ensure excellent customer service and enhance the company’s image.
- Perform vehicle repair and the upgrade of existing vehicles.
- Perform integration, assembly, and test of new systems vehicles and auxiliary equipment from work instructions and assembly drawings
- Perform testing and troubleshooting with engineering and software development in order to identify and correct system level problems with vehicles and auxiliary equipment
- Document changes to configuration as appropriate, working from only released documentation or redlined documents approved by engineering. Update serial number configuration as necessary
- Work with manufacturing engineering to develop integration procedures for new vehicles
- Perform all administrative duties and documentation according to company policies and procedures.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Manager to ensure timely scheduling of installations, repairs and service work.
- Assemble test boards.
- Provide Information Technology support when requested.
- Assist with customer training on proper procedures of autonomous vehicles.
- Have routine computer skills (directory structure, applications). Ability to load software and firmware files to vehicle
- Perform pre-mission tasks (vehicle mission programming, vehicle checkout). Be able to recognize when something is out of spec.
- Assist in preparation for field operations. Working knowledge of use of auxiliary equipment (launch/recovery, tracking).
- Perform post mission download and put vehicles away properly.
- Analyze mission file to see that vehicle accomplished tasks, recognize if things are not correct.
- Working knowledge of serial and Ethernet communications
- Working knowledge of AUV sensors and troubleshoot techniques
- Ability to identify and locate ground faults
- Perform cable and harness assembly, including re-termination of crimps and connectors
- Perform basic trouble shooting and test through working knowledge and use of power supplies, DVMs, and oscilloscopes, and basic schematic and wiring diagram interpretation
- Perform visual inspection of circuit card assemblies, cable and harness assemblies, and product sub-assemblies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hazmat shipping training preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet Explorer Develop expertise in Deltek, SolidWorks, Filemaker Pro, E-drawings, OrCad and MATLAB through provided training
- The ideal candidate is an individual that can work in a fast paced environment; with a high attention to detail, excellent problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and enthusiastic attitude.
A condition of this position will require the successful Applicant to pass a government security investigation and must subsequently receive authorization to access US Department of Defense Controlled Unclassified Information (“CUI”) and potentially classified information.
We offer a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including 75% company paid medical and dental insurance. The company also offers paid Life, STD, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401K with company match, and more.
Hydroid is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/AA/M/F/V/D Employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need assistance with the application process as a result of your disability please call 1-508-563-6565 or mail your request to 1 Henry Drive, Pocasset, MA 02559, Attn: Employment Application Assistance.
Don’t forget to check us out here!
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)