The Salvation Army USA Central Territory
The Salvation Army Mission:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Job Objective: Manages the daily operations of The Salvation Army Thrift Store in Superior, Wisconsin. Generates a positive net revenue of 10-20% of total sales.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of the position. Other job related responsibilities and tasks may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Schedules employees to ensure adequate coverage in store at all times.
- Supervises employees in performance of duties to ensure compliance with store procedures, directives, guidelines, and The Salvation Army policies.
- Provides performance management and coaching to employees with written documentation as needed.
- Oversees the processing of all donated items, including receiving items from donors, sorting, pricing, hanging, pulling, and final disposition of items.
- Creates and maintains an environment focused on positive customer service.
- Oversees the cashiering, and ensures preparation of the daily sales reports for the office. Ensures store receipts and deposit paperwork are properly and timely prepared at the end of business day and that the deposit is delivered to the bank. Follows proper procedures to safeguard cash and other valuables at all times.
- Orients and trains new personnel. Interviews applicants and recommends for hire.
- Markets the store to the community, including in store displays, advertising, etc.
- Schedules pickups of donated items.
- Reviews the monthly budgeted financial statement of the store and makes appropriate changes to maintain budget goals. Assist the Corps Officer in the annual budget preparation for the store.
- Attend staff meetings, trainings, or other activities as requested. Keep store personnel informed of new policies, procedures, and directives.
Ensures the safety and security of the building, merchandise, donations, customers, volunteers, and employees. Watches for safety hazards and corrects quickly or reports to the Corps Officer for repair or correction.
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Certifications: Valid Wisconsin Driver’s license with approval to drive from TSA’s insurance carrier.
Experience: At least 5 years of experience in retail store; at least 2 years in supervisory or lead role
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, percentages, and decimals.
- Ability to operate cash register, personal computer, and other office equipment.
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervises all store employees and volunteers assigned to the store.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Minimal travel is anticipated for this position. May be asked to attend Salvation Army workshops and events, which would involve out of town and overnight travel.
Working Conditions: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this job will be primarily performed indoors under normal room temperatures. The noise level will generally be low. While performing these duties, the employee may have occasional exposure to outdoor weather conditions prevalent at the time. At times the duties may involve working with individuals having infectious and/or communicable diseases.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
Apply for job
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job please visit the following URL:http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Thrift+Store+Manager&c=The+Salvation+Army+USA+Central+Territory&l=Superior%2C+WI&jk=72c92bab40ca270e&rtk=1df7o7aahf2gr800&from=rss→