AMERICAN K9 DETECTION SERV LLC
Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, AMK9, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, OMNIPLEX, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Reston, VA
This position will either in Balad, Iraq or Kabul, Afghanistan
Summary: The Veterinarian is responsible for diagnosing and treating disease dysfunctions and injuries of canines. Specifically, they will care for the health of our canines. This position will examine the animal to determine the nature of disease or injury and treat the animal surgically or medically. This position will also test the canines for diseases and inoculate against diseases and disorders and will advise handlers about sanitary measures, feeding, and general care to promote health of the animals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine animals to detect nature of diseases or injuries;
- Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds, or performing surgery;
- Inoculate animals against various diseases such as rabies and distemper;
- Collect body tissue, feces, blood, urine, or other body fluids for examination and analysis;
- Operate diagnostic equipment such as radiographic and ultrasound equipment, and interpret the resulting images;
- Advise handlers regarding sanitary, feeding, and general care necessary to promote health of animals;
- Educate handlers/trainers about diseases that can be spread from animals to humans;
- Train and supervise workers who handle and care for animals;
- Euthanize animals;
- Establish and conduct quarantine and testing procedures that prevent the spread of diseases to other animals or to humans, and that comply with applicable government regulations;
- Conduct postmortem studies and analyses to determine the cause of animals’ deaths;
- Perform administrative duties such as scheduling appointments and maintaining business records;
- Direct the overall operation of all veterinary services;
- Inspect and test animals to detect the presence of communicable diseases;
- Plan and execute animal nutrition and reproduction programs;
- Research diseases to which animals could be susceptible;
- Inspect animal housing to determine cleanliness and adequacy;
- Determine the effects of drug therapies, antibiotics, or new surgical techniques by testing them on animals;
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M or V.M.D.) degree from a 4-year program at an accredited college of veterinary medicine;
- Must be licensed and have passed the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam;
- Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods;
- Knowledge of plant and animal organisms, their tissues, cells, functions, interdependencies, and interactions with each other and the environment;
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar;
- Must be able to talk to others to convey information effectively;
- Must be able to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents;
- Possess the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences;
- Possess the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand; and
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics and their applications.
- Must have a valid passport and driver’s license.
- Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
- Commitment & Dedication – Committed and dedicated to the AMK9 mission, caring for canines, leading vets worldwide, being part of a very special Team of professionals, and willing to stay with the Team to achieve our goals;
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data;
- Design – Demonstrates attention to detail;
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
- Interpersonal Skills – Able to foster cooperation with the client and AMK9 staff; focus on resolving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality. Gets along well with others;
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions;
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; able to read and interpret written information;
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit;
- Professionalism – Accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments;
- Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work on time; and
- Initiative – Takes independent actions and calculated risks; asks for and offers help when needed.
Essential Physical / Mental Functions:
- Dynamically lift (start at floor in static position and lift through task) an actual dog, or a reasonable facsimile thereof, weighing approximately 90 lbs. to a height up to 60″.
- Dynamically lift an actual crate, or a reasonable facsimile thereof, with or without an actual dog or a reasonable facsimile, to a height up to 60″.
- Dynamically lift an actual 40 lb. dog food bag up to 30″ and dump into a container.
- Dynamically push an actual crate or a reasonable facsimile, with or without an actual dog or a reasonable facsimile, on a table, desk, or other flat surface.
- Carry an actual dog or a reasonable facsimile weighing up to 90 lbs. for a distance of 25′.
- Be able to work overseas in austere conditions
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet