Rock County, WI
This position is a second shift position.
Work involves responsibility of participating in the administration, compliance and mission of the Rock County Youth Services Center. Work includes Direct Supervision of YSC Line Staff, Training of Staff, Policies and Procedures Enforcement, Acting as a Youth Specialist when necessary and Program Implementation. YSC Supervisors provide critical oversight of the hourly operations of both shelter care and secure detention. YSC Supervisors uphold the high standards of behavioral management and programming for youth at the facility.
Direct Supervision- Directly Supervises YSC Line Staff and Relief YSC Line Staff
- Attends Bi-Weekly Supervisor Meetings
- Evaluates YSC Line Staff Performance, and writes/issues annual performance evaluations of staff
- Assist with YSC Line Staff Scheduling
- Facilitates Weekly Team Meetings
- Cover Open Supervisor Shifts When Needed
- Ordering Supplies and Meals
- Assist with YSC Line Staff Related Duties When Needed
- Assign YSC Line Staff to Various Work Stations
- Responds to crisis situations at the YSC, and assumes the lead.
- Other Duties As Assigned
Policies and Procedure-Develop, Enforce and Implement Policies and Procedures
- Enforce DOC 346 and DCF 59 Licensing Policies
- Update, Implement and Enforce YSC Policy and Procedures
- Conduct/Facilitate Employee Investigations
Program Implementation- Assist with Maintaining a Program that is consistent with the YSC Mission
- Assist with Maintaining and Updating the YSC Behavior Modification Program
- Assist with Maintaining and Updating Program Materials
- Assist with Finding Appropriate Training Options for Staff and Supervisors
- Assist with Facilitating the Field Training Officer Program (FTO)
- Comply with State Training Requirements
Other Duties As Assigned
- Knowledge of DOC 346 and DCF 59 Policies
- Knowledge of Chapters 938 and 48
- Knowledge of the Rock County Personnel Ordinance
- Wisconsin Juvenile Court Intake Worker Certification within 6 months
- Ability to facilitate team meetings
- Wisconsin Juvenile Detention Officer Certification within 2 years
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the facility, Department and the Community
- Ability to perform and make decisions in Crisis Situations
- Knowledge of FMLA, Worker’s Compensation and Time & Attendance Policies
- Knowledge of the Court and Intake Process
- Principles of Subject Control (POSC) Certified
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Law and Justice or related area of study, or Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, or related social science area of study, and at least one year demonstrated experience working or volunteering with at-risk youth.
- Associates Degree and at least five years’ demonstrated experience working with at-risk youth.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Demonstrated/related work experience must be detailed in the job application. Examples of work with at-risk youth may include, but is not limited to:
- Probation or Community Corrections
- Mentoring programs
- Coaching or teaching
- Recreation or after school programs
- Any programs where the mission is for progressive transformation and focus is on youth with behavior problems.
- Experience in a 24/7 facility preferred.
- Must possess a valid State Driver’s license by time of employment.
- Must be certified as a Juvenile Detention Officer with the State of Wisconsin; employer will provide this certification.
**Successful incumbents will be contacted by Human Resources to advance to the background investigation process. The background investigation process is a thorough and extensive process which includes, but is not limited to: completion of finger-prints, extensive background investigation questionnaire to include personal reference check, employment references check, criminal background check, interview and physical examination (pre-employment physical).
- Ability to walk up one flight of stairs
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds for at least 15 feet.
- Ability to squat to inspect cells under bunks, tables, etc.
- Ability to carry mattresses and bags of laundry
- Ability to push a food cart with trays and food
- Ability to push a mop bucket, move chairs and tables as needed
- In emergency situations, a YSC Supervisor must be able to physically control youth using the Principles of Subject Control (POSC); break up physical altercations between and with youth; provide suicide intervention and first aid as necessary; and lead evacuation and rescue efforts should there be an emergency situation in the building such as a power outage, fire, tornado, or other environmental issue.
Use of Equipment:
- Ability to use a computer and computer keyboard
- Ability to use a portable radio
- Ability to use a computer and a keyboard
- Almost all indoor work in both a non-secure and secure environment with occational out of building meetings and events.
- A valid driver’s license
- CPR/AED certification
- Possible exposure to blood and/or body fluids
Apply For This Job
To apply for this job please visit the following URL:http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Youth+Service+Center+Supervisor&c=Rock+County&l=Janesville%2C+WI&jk=b1e83d82be1aed27&rtk=1dbu6j4nehcqo800&from=rss→