Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility is in need of a CAD Operator/Designer to support multiple programs in our Manufacturing and Fabrication facility in Hollywood, MD.
The Engility Engineering and Fabrication Facility provides design engineering, rapid prototyping, and large-scale production manufacturing services. It features highly trained and diverse engineers, technicians, craftsmen, analysts, and administrative staff who are dedicated to providing the highest quality products designed to provide high reliability in harsh vehicle, ship, and aircraft environments. Our ISO 9001-certified Quality Management System (QMS) specifies the processes we follow in the areas of program management, logistics, training, financial analysis, system engineering, and human/system integration. This includes design, development, testing, prototyping, and production of software, mechanical, and electrical systems.
The CAD Operator/Designer will use standard computer aided design (CAD) digitizing techniques and skills. Digitizes, edits, and revises engineering drawings of components, parts, circuits, structures and/or assemblies. The Designer will be responsible for making engineering computations, mathematical calculations, determines scales, and prepares or revises specifications. They may also prepare pattern generating or artwork tapes for mask fabrication and operates plotters to obtain circuit drawings as well as ensuring work adheres to Quality Management System to align with ISO9001/AS9100 standards.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Interim Secret Clearance
- 1 year experience with Autodesk CAD products including AutoCAD & Inventor
- Advanced 2D/3D CAD modeling/assembly comprehension
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications; Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.100, Engineering Drawing Practices and other industry standard drafting practices
- Ability to transfer design data to a working drawing while adhering to and applying established specifications and standards
- Coordinate/consult with Project Leads/Engineers to meet product design intent
- Ability to problem solve, work independently on small projects as well as taking lead roles on large projects and task other team members
- Ability to read/utilize precision measuring tools for reverse engineering
- Comprehension of mechanical fastening methods, weldments, assemblies, tooling
- Ability to multitask, manage time effectively, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
Engility Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statements, please click here .