The Boeing Research and Technology (BR&T) organization is seeking a Level 2 Engineering Technical Specialist. This position is located in Huntsville, Alabama.
* Consults and collaborates with engineering teams to develop, document, coordinate, and implement engineering processes and standards at an enterprise level.
* Assists with training in the use of processes and tools that support the integration of product standards.
* Provides configuration management, coordinating changes, and performing assessment of compliance to standards system requirements.
* Processes changes to standards. Maintains supporting data, (e.g. applicability, numerical indexes, Subject Matter Experts [SME] lists, forms libraries, coordinating distribution lists). Coordinates standards changes with internal customers.
* Coordinates with Boeing subject matter experts to process proposed changes to Boeing internal and external standards.
* Assists in developing internal standards (e.g., material, process, parts, tooling) into a usable format (e.g., Product Definition Standards, Parts Standards, Process Standards, Tooling Standards).
* Assists in researching and analyzing information so that customer and regulatory requirements are met.
* Supports the implementation of product standards across business units and for programs.
* Assists in providing customer support as needed for product standards implementation. Includes authoring standards in XML and a data centric format for delivery to downstream tools.
* Works under general supervision
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
* Bachelor's degree or higher
* Current hands on experience using Microsoft Office Products like Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
* Experience collaborating and working across teams
* Experience with technical writing and/or process documentation
Typical Education / Experience:
Bachelor's degree and typically 3 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
**Job** *Engr Technical Specialist*
**Organization:** *Boeing Research & Technology*
**Title:** *Engineer Technical Specialist*
**Requisition ID:** *1900004915*
The Boeing Company