We are currently seeking an Application Architect to join the IT Infrastructure team. Qualified candidates will provide technical and project leadership to architect and design an integrated solution for operating system lifecycle management for the provisioning and maintenance of servers. In addition, qualified applicants will analyze and evaluate information against existing standard products, strategies and new technologies, creating integrated architectures and solutions. This position will be foundational for enabling agility, security and compliance of software for virtual and physical servers.
The candidate should be a self-starter with excellent leadership, technical, and communication skills. The position will require working with a diverse team of service managers, developers and software tool teams to ensure expectations such as functionality, reliability, availability, affordability, security and performance are met. Candidate should possess a positive attitude, be self-motivated, and able to work in a fast-paced challenging environment.
* Defines the requirements of the business solution at the business and functional levels
* Creates and revises the application architecture
* Designs and provide directions on the business solution architecture and the delivery approach
* Ensures that the delivered system meets the customers’ requirements
* Determines the construction and conversion strategies
* Maintains and communicates the architecture design vision
* Evaluates and performs software/hardware impact analysis on all change requests
* Ensure architecture compliance of their respective application solutions
* Presents solution architecture during architecture assessments (reviews)
* Develop, publish, govern, and maintain the quality of solution architectures in accordance with established processes and procedures for developing and sustaining information technology applications
* Provides development specifications to a team of developers
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
* This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
* 3 years or more work related experience with HP Business System Automation (BSA) and Developer and SQL Database
* HPE Business System Automation and Operations Orchestrator, Jenkins, GIT, Oracle, Java, C#, JIRA, TFS
* Operating Systems: LINUX, Windows
* Experience in software development and architecture methodologies
* Experience with modeling languages and system design concepts and principles
* Understands SOA and micro-service architecture
* Knowledgeable in the system delivery process and conceptual modeling
* Understands the development process, methodology, tools, and techniques
* Business-solution oriented
* Continuous improvement – Lean practices
**Job** *Sys Design & Integration Spec*
**Organization:** *Global IT Infrastructure Svcs*
**Title:** *Senior System Design & Integration Specialist*
**Requisition ID:** *1900001491*
The Boeing Company