The Virtual Warfare Center-Colorado Springs (VWC) is seeking a creative and highly-motivated mid-level software engineer to lead a small software team, develop modeling and simulation software for a virtual simulation environment and operate the environment in support of customer Advanced Training events.
The position involves developing and maintaining simulation environments and operator interfaces in support of customer requirements as well as the execution of virtual simulations in a larger Integrated Systems experimentation plan. The development environment includes various frameworks in multiple languages and network messaging protocols. Integration with third party applications, system level testing and scenario development is expected. The position requires an understanding of real-time simulation and an ability to perform programming tasks to represent particular customer-accepted models in an Operator-in-the-Loop (OITL) virtual simulation.
The candidate will be working with United States Government (USG) government customers and software engineers to translate high level customer requirements into specific work packages and detailed hardware and software requirements for operator-in-the-loop (OITL) simulations. The applicant will be required to determine requirements, build schedules, assign tasks, track tasks, develop simulation and experimentation test plans, execute the simulation, and work with a distributed team in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
* This position requires an active *Top*Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
* Technical bachelor's degree or higher
* More than 3 years of experience with data structures and algorithms commonly used in programming, including lists, trees, maps, hashing, searching, and sorting. Building processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata in an industry setting.
* Travel will be necessary, up to 25%.
* TA working knowledge of object oriented programming, standard template library (C ), databases, networking and svn/git are highly desired.
* Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio is also highly desired.
* Understanding of the agile software development process is recommended.
* Familiarity with MATLAB is a plus.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills desired.
* Experience with spacecraft simulations is a plus.
* Candidate should be a self-starter with the ability to work both independently without direct supervision, and also with a team to develop end products.
**Job** *Software Engineer*
**Organization:** *PW STI Capability*
**Title:** *Senior Software Engineer*
**Location:** *Colorado-Colorado Springs*
**Requisition ID:** *1900004972*
The Boeing Company