The Boeing Company Maui Site, supporting the Research and Development for Advanced Space Superiority Technology and Engineering (RASTER) Program, is seeking a System Design & Integration Specialist Mid-Level to join our team located in Kihei, Hawaii. The focus of this role will be on Core Site IT Architecture design and implementation. This position is located at the Maui Space Surveillance Complex in Haleakala, Hawaii.
You will be working with engineers, developers, and program managers to identify, evaluate and document complex computing system requirements. Participate in activities to architect, design, build and test delivery systems and components. Provide technical guidance in the evaluation of product usability, affordability, functionality, security and performance to assess suitability for integration into delivery system environments.
You will be providing technical support and consultation for the implementation and usage of complex systems. Perform product and component management to ensure technical viability and cost-effectiveness from the point where it is evaluated through implementation and support, to retirement. Collaborate with delivery partners such as network, site services, security, and vendor in designing the best possible solution to a problem.
You will be using your technical expertise to help business partners and others by answering complex technical questions regarding the usage, trouble-shooting and functionality of delivery system products to ensure effective implementation and usage. Apply technical knowledge of computing systems to choose appropriate troubleshooting techniques to resolve complex issues and escalate delivery systems problems. Implement appropriate computing products and methods to ensure requirements are met for security, problem management, capacity/performance management and operational management.
* Engineer, implement, and manage critical site networks
* Design and gathering of complex system requirements
* Engineer, build, test, and implement design solutions
* Continued support for actively deployed ecosystems
* Troubleshoot any technical and operational issues
* Ensure security compliance of managed computing environments
* Infrequent Mission Support during evening operations at approximately 10,000 feet
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
*This position requires an active Current Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)*
*Basic Qualifications (Required):*
* Server Hardware design, implementation, and troubleshooting
* 4 years of VMware vSphere and vCenter experience and troubleshooting
* Storage Appliances (i.e. Oracle, EMC, etc), RAID configuration, and file sharing protocols (NFS, CIFS,etc)
* Physical and virtual networking configuration, and routing experience
* Experience with TCP/IP networks, routing, VLANs, and security zones
* Cisco IOS and NX-OS experience
* A DoD 8570 required IAT or IAM Certification (Security , CISSP, CASP, GSLC, GIAC, etc.)
* Systems experience with Data Center deployment requirements and standards
* Deployment and troubleshooting virtual appliance and standard operating systems - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.X & 7.X, and Microsoft Windows Server 2008, and later
* Bash and PowerShell scripting experience
* Dell VRTX or M1000e Shared Infrastructure Platform Hardware experience
* Cisco Unified Call Manager and VoIP technologies
* Experience Managing Mac OS X systems in a DoD environment
* Extensive VMware knowledge (vSphere Suite 6.x and above - ESXi, DRS, High Availability, Fault Tolerance, Storage vMotion, vCenter)
* RedHat RPM management and development (including RPM repository management technologies)
* Demonstrated experience managing and developing Puppet modules
* Experience with various backup technologies (i.e. Symantec BackupExec, vSphere Data Protection, EMC Avamar, etc)
* Technical bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study
**Job** *Sys Design & Integration Spec*
**Organization:** *S&L Engineering*
**Title:** *System Design & Integration Specialist*
**Requisition ID:** *1800094808*
The Boeing Company