Provides temporary relief for Resident Managers and Program Staff of the Transitional Houses and the Young Adults in Transition (YAIT) Program. Ensures safety, cleanliness and a positive social environment for young adults sharing a residence. Stays at the Shared House or YAIT during shifts that will include nights and swings. Supports the young adults (aged 18-24) in managing household responsibilities and monitors the activities of the residents.
1. Ensures residents follow house and program rules.
2. Ensures the safety and cleanliness of the house/facility and grounds.
3. Communicates regularly with the Associate Housing Director, Resident Manager and housing team. Immediately communicates with the housing team of problems and concerns as they arise via email or in an urgent situation by calling a manager from the Emergency Contacts card.
4. Completes paperwork at the end of each shift which details any problems or incidents involving the home or residents as well as including any other pertinent information that would be useful for the Resident Manager to know upon his/her return.
1. Age 18 or more.
2. Current state approved First Aid certification.
* 3. Current state approved CPR certification.
* 4. One-year experience in social service, educational, vocational, or independent living skills programs working with teens or young adults, preferred.
5. Prefer knowledge of and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in additio to English may be helpful.
* Within sixty days of employment or first available training.
**You'll be a great fit for the Seattle Y if you:**
+ Thrive on working in a collaborative environment
+ Are very adaptable
+ Have high ownership and strong work ethic
+ Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet
+ Truly enjoy being of service to people
+ Like being part of a team that cares about one another as people and enjoy working together
+ Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a better, stronger community for all
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living, and foster social responsibility. We also believe in supporting the wellbeing of our employees and offer a free Y membership as a benefit of employment.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and career opportunities.
_The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana_ _._
**# of Openings** _3_
**Location** _Accelerator YMCA - 2100 Building_
**Category** _Young Adult Services (YAS)_
**Address** _2100 24th Ave S_
YMCA of Greater Seattle