*Seeking a level 3 Modification Project Tech to support the C17 program at San Antonio, TX*
• Manages, plans, researches, develops, analyzes, and designs retrofit and repair solutions that comply with customer, regulatory, and company requirements.
• Defines the procedures, special engineering, special tooling, kit requirements, work packages, and material requirements for accomplishment of inspections, modifications, improvement changes, and repairs of delivered products.
• Performs hands-on modifications, maintenance, and repair of enterprise products. Assists engineering staff in planning and incorporating improvements.
• Responsible for project development, planning, implementation, management, and technical support activities related to maintenance, modifications, and repairs per established customer, regulatory, and company requirements.
• Develops the scheduled visit plan and responds to customer issues.
• Defines and manages resource requirements, parts inventory and parts availability with supply chain to support customer and project needs.
• Verifies work performed and administers sell-off paperwork.
• Receives customer inquiries regarding quality issues and performs root cause analysis.
• Maintains performance metrics.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
*This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):*
• Bachelor's degree and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Recognized as a job expert within the department/organization.
• Performs work with minimal direction and exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
• Serves as subject matter expert to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives. Requires complete knowledge of live aircraft operations, environment and support, including pneumatic, hydraulic, structural, electrical, and propulsion systems operations.
• Requires ability to read, understand, and interpret basic engineering drawings and technical specifications.
• Must be willing and capable of travel both domestically and internationally 50% – with short notice and for extended periods, anywhere in the world and for potentially extended periods of time.
*PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):*
• Prefer C-17 aircraft experience and training and ability to read, interpret and understand C-17 blueprints and USAF Technical Orders.
• Prefer multi-system maintenance and repair experience.
• Experience with aircraft recovery operations a plus.
• Detect hazardous working conditions and safety problems via a regular check of equipment and work area. Adheres to the team's expectations and guidelines; fulfills team responsibilities; demonstrates personal commitment to the team.
• Previous experience as a project team leader; develops and sustains productive customer relationships as they relate to project team leadership responsibilities.
Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
**Job** *Modification Proj Tech Spec*
**Organization:** *Field Operations*
**Title:** *C-17 Modification Proj Tech Spec 3*
**Location:** *Texas-San Antonio*
**Requisition ID:** *1900020081*
The Boeing Company