The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Mid-Level User Experience Designer to join the HR Systems organization in St Louis, MO and Renton, Washington. This is an exciting time as we build the next generation of our HR Systems Organization. The Mid-Level UX Designer will lead ServiceNow applications and services from user research through iterative development and delivery into the Boeing Organization.
Boeing IT is launching a new strategic initiative called the Digital Transformation Environment (DTE). DTE is a digital accelerator focused on designing and building in-house solutions and differentiating capabilities to help Boeing compete in our second century. Our focus is on innovative solutions implementing cutting-edge agile software development methodologies and user-centric design. This position will place you at heart of a fast-paced, growing organization where you will have the opportunity to partner with project teams and enable them to internalize and apply these agile methodologies moving forward. We welcome you to join us and help build the future!
* Develops, supports and maintains the Boeing enterprise HR Systems as part of our 2nd Century HR systems in ServiceNow and associated integrations
* Partners with project teams to perform user-centered design activities that actively involve users throughout all phases of a project to ensure product usability
* Assists in product design decisions by conducting user research, usability testing and facilitating iterative feedback loops with users
* Defines user requirements, user flows, and usability goals
* Creates user interaction designs, and conveys designs by building prototypes following established style guides
* Conducts iterative usability tests to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the designs
* Diagnoses usability issues and refines designs or recommends changes
* Contributes to the development of the UX design discipline through development of user-centered design best practices
* Assist senior designers in establishing the discipline of user centered design and agile software development methodology within Boeing IT
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
* *This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee*
* 5 years of experience with UX (User Experience) design and/or writing
* 5 years of experience supporting end users in a customer service role
* 5 years of experience with requirements analysis
* Experience interviewing, shadowing and building relationships with end users
* Experience using industry standard prototyping tools and techniques
* User-Centered design, usability, and interaction or visual design
* Agile development methodologies(DevOps, Scrum, Kanban)
* Experience with ServiceNow
* Experience with HR technology/HR IS products a plus
*_Typical Education / Experience:_*
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
**Job** *User Experience Specialist*
**Organization:** *Business & Supply Chain Sys*
**Title:** *Mid-Level User Experience Designer*
**Location:** *Missouri-Saint Louis*
**Other Locations:** *United States-Washington-Renton*
**Requisition ID:** *1900027363*
The Boeing Company