The Infrastructure Automation Engineer is responsible for developing and automating workflows, by taking existing practices and applying code to improve both efficiency and insight. Working at the highest level to provide automation and integration to bespoke software solutions through to the underlying infrastructure that is complex in nature. Maintaining and improving the quality and adherence to contractual SLA and KPI requirements of the programme within Boeing Defence UK (BDUK). Working alongside traditional infrastructure, middleware and application teams to enhance the existing support and delivery functions through development of ‘Infrastructure as Code’ and software packaging and deployment techniques.
The successful candidate will be working across multiple teams to enhance the user experience and delivery of a suite of bespoke applications, improving delivery and efficiencies in a strict ITIL governed environment.
Boeing Defence UK is responsible for delivering IT services to a number of customers both internal and external throughout the UK. The Infrastructure Automation Engineer is part of the Infrastructure Team working closely alongside other technical teams, service management and programme functions.
This role will report the Infrastructure Manager :
* Developing Dashboard views of Infrastructure estate
* Work closely with the diverse teams to support automation and its implementation
* Everything as code approach
* Collaborate with cross functional teams in the design, development and integration of automation techniques.
* Create new automation solutions and product offerings for infrastructure services.
* Perform analysis and value stream mapping of existing processes for the development of either new or improved automation.
* Document automation standards to be followed by the organisation
* Work closely with other teams across the business to improve efficiency of infrastructure such as service management
* Identify areas of automation
Essential Skills and knowledge:
* Good demonstrable experience in an Infrastructure role (Windows, UNIX, Virtualisation, Networking) either delivery or support.
* Development of back-end systems software that improves sustainability and operations.
* Troubleshooting experience.
* Software Development for automation techniques in production environments (One of the following, however other tools would also be considered)
o Git repository derivative (BitBucket, GitLab)
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Experience of commissioning and managing an enterprise, on-premise Platform-as-a-Service, ideally RedHat Openshift
* Fluency in at least once scripting language such as Ruby, PowerShell, Python or Java.
* Experience of working within a secure environment
* Experience of containerisation such as Docker
* Service Desk tool BTO
* DevOps experience
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Make sure you list all of the Countries in which you are a citizen. If you have work authorization for a country that you are not a citizen of, please explain this on the top of your resume. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll.
**Job** *Sys Design & Integration Spec*
**Organization:** *Boeing Defence United Kingdom*
**Title:** *Infrastructure Automation Engineer*
**Other Locations:** *United Kingdom-Buckinghamshire-Milton Keynes*
**Requisition ID:** *1900027189*
The Boeing Company