Secure Aspects Group
The Assistant Fire Chief assists in providing a safe and efficient fire emergency services program in accordance with standards and requirements.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
* Provide leadership while managing daily activities of an operational shift
* Perform duties and responsibilities of Fire Chief in his or her absence
* Plan and execute fire and emergency services operations to ensure efficient and effective emergency response; assume the role of Incident Commander on emergency scenes until properly relieved
* Ensure the Fire Alarm Communication Center (FACC) is properly staffed, all calls are received and processed appropriately, and all emergency responses are dispatched properly and efficiently
* Ensure firefighting vehicles and equipment are operational and available in accordance with contractual standards
* Conduct classroom and practical training sessions; maintain training records and charts
* Become familiar with applicable host nation and military environmental regulations
* Perform other duties as assigned
*Knowledge & Skills*
* Thorough knowledge of fire suppression tactics and strategies plus fire and emergency response equipment, operation, and maintenance
* Ability to develop training programs, conduct classroom and practical training sessions, and maintain training records and charts
* Knowledge of OSHA regulations, safety directives, and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards
* Ability to interpret applicable fire protection technical publications and fire codes, prepare written operating instructions, fire reports, and general correspondence
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word and Excel
* Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment
*Experience & Education*
* Minimum ten (10) years of experience in Fire Emergency Services with at least five (5) years as a Crew Chief, Station Captain, Battalion Chief, or higher
* Prefer Associate’s Degree in fire science management, emergency management, public administration, or associated discipline
* DOD, International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC), or National Pro-Board Certifications as Fire Officer III, Fire Inspector II, Fire Instructor II, HazMat Incident Commander, and Airport Firefighter
* Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment
*Physical Requirements/Working Environment*
* Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
* Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
* Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Must have ability to obtain and maintain US security clearance at proper level
**Job:** **Fire Fighter / Prevention Worker*
**Title:** *Assistant Fire Chief*
**Requisition ID:** *1803680*
Secure Aspects Group
San Antonio, TX
Boeing Global Services is currently seeking an experienced Fire Prevention and Emergency Preparedness Focal in San Antonio, TX. Applicant should be an effective multi-tasker, self-motivated, and energetic. Ideal candidate will have a strong fire code/inspection background.
• Organize and conduct evacuation drills for all occupied buildings in accordance with applicable company standards and local ordinance.
• Update the campus emergency preparedness plan at least annually per company standards.
• Conduct the annual emergency preparedness site risk assessment.
• Identify emergency preparedness program deficiencies and develop corrective action plans.
• Assist in coordinating the emergency response exercise with all appropriate agencies.
• Maintain all proper campus signage and other emergency preparedness documentation.
• Responds to, and assists all campus emergencies as directed by the incident commander, S&FP manager, or site executive.
• Works in conjunction with the site communicator to convey all messages relative to the emergency preparedness program
• Provides fire protection contractor oversight, including building inspections, fire extinguishers, and all other fire protection system inspections (fire alarms, sprinkler systems, kitchen hood systems, etc.).
• Provide contractor escort and oversight for fire protection system testing, repairs, and maintenance.
• Maintain all fire protections system reports in accordance with company standards and local ordinances.
• Implements company Fire Protection standards including but not limited to fire protection system identification, fire protection system impairment and notification, fire prevention education programs, etc.
• Research codes, ordinances, and make recommendations for fire protection or building construction/modification.
• Review and interpret fire protection documents, specifications, drawings, and technical data.
• Participates in necessary fire prevention and emergency preparedness meetings.
*This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.*
*This position will require the ability to obtain a security clearance with a favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or T5 Investigation and customer approval as a condition of employment.*
*BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):*
• Experience with building and fire codes, modern fire prevention principles, procedures, techniques and equipment
• Ability to obtain an ICC Fire Inspector I certification within a year
• Organizational skills to plan, organize, and complete multiple concurrent projects.
*PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):*
• Current In scope SSBI
• A current ICC Fire Inspector 1 certification
• Completion of NIMS/ICS courses
• Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
**Job** *S&F Protection Multi Op Spec*
**Organization:** *MRO Operations*
**Title:** *S&F Protection Multi Op Spec 4*
**Location:** *Texas-San Antonio*
**Requisition ID:** *1800069791*
Secure Aspects Group
Langley Afb, VA
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view **Eligibilities**being considered and other **IMPORTANT** information.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as Assistant Chief for Training responsible for developing and managing a comprehensive training program of a sufficient magnitude for all functional areas of the base Fire Protection Flight.
Learn more about this agency
* As the Assistant Chief of Training, plans, develops, implements, reviews, and evaluates the comprehensive fire prevention training, safety, and hazardous material handling programs at the installation.
* Prepares monthly, quarterly, semiannual, and annual training schedules for approval.
* Conducts recurring proficiency training in each functional area of fire protection.
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
* #### Job family (Series)
0081 Fire Protection and Prevention
### Conditions of Employment
* U.S. Citizenship Required
* Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov.
* A security clearance may be required
* PCS expenses will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
* Designated as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force civilian drug-testing program. Incumbent is to refrain from the use of illegal drugs and if required, submit to urinalysis testing. selectee must sign statements of acknowledgement
* This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
* The incumbent of this position must be certified by the DoD Firefighter Certification system as Fire Officer III (includes Fire Officer I, II), Fire Instructor III (includes Fire Instructor I, II)
* The incumbent of this position must be certified by the DoD Firefighter Certification system as Fire Inspector II (includes Fire Inspector I), HAZMAT Incident Commander (includes Hazmat Awareness, Hazmat Operations).
* The incumbent of this position must be certified by the DoD Firefighter Certification system as Airport Fire Fighter (includes Firefighter I, II)
* Disclosure of Political Appointments
**SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:** Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-?09, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes : (1) controlling or extinguishing fires as a member of an organized military, industrial, volunteer, or governmental fire department or brigade; (2) rescue operations; (3) detection, reduction, or elimination of potential fire hazards; (4) operation of fire communications equipment; (5) controlling hazardous materials incidents; and (6) developing, implementing, or providing instruction in fire protection and prevention.
**FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS:** Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-?09 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-?11 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
**KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):**Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
* Knowledge of the principles, concepts, methodology, and recognized standards covering fire protection and prevention techniques and procedures; agency and installation manuals, rules, and regulations; and federal, state, and local fire protection/prevention ordinances and building codes.
* Knowledge of the theory of fire propagation and progression and the application of accepted techniques and principles to reduce or eliminate hazards in a specialized environment with a high fire expectancy and potential for severity.
* Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of fire protection and prevention proficiency training.
* Ability to prepare and present appropriate fire protection/prevention material for training purposes.
* Ability to plan, organize, and direct functions and to mentor, motivate, and appraise the staff of an organization.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
**PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE:**Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
**VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE:** Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
***ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:***
Special Retirement Provisions Authority: Per OPM Letter dated 26 Jun 89 and DOD Memorandum dated 31 Aug 89, one of the following apply:
* Position covered as secondary position under the Federal Employees' Retirement System's special retirement provisions (5 U.S.C. 8412(d)).
* Position covered as secondary position under the Civil Service Retirement System's special retirement provisions (5
**This position is a "Key" position. It cannot be vacated during a national emergency or mobilization without impairing the capability of the organization to- function effectively. Unless an alternate can be designated to perform the duties of this position during wartime, the incumbent of this "Key" position must be screened from military recall status.**
**IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:**You **MUST**provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
**FOREIGN EDUCATION:** Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
### Additional information
You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities (click **"Learn more about this agency"** button above) to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted with each application package to be considered. "Transfer" and "Reinstatement" or equivalent eligibles must provide their most current SF-50 and the SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if not reflected on most current/separation SF-50. *Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list.
**Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):**For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
**Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):**Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
**Current Federal Civilian employees** may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
**90-Day Register:**This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
**Direct Deposit:** All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
**If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.**
**Tax Law Impact for PCS:** On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please click here.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference. Noncompetitive applicants do not need to respond to the assessment questions with the A through E responses indicating level of experience/training.
**APPRAISALS/AWARDS:** Hiring Managers use objective methods and consider previous performance appraisals and awards in the selection process. Current Federal Civilian employees should list any relevant performance related rating and/or awards in your resume.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
Q - Nonsensitive
##### Drug test required
* Required Documents
## Required Documents
**The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.**
1. Online Application - Questionnaire
2. Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period, hours worked and supervisor
3. Transcripts - if you are basing your qualifications on education or if the position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts
4. Registration/License - active, current registration/license **if applicable** for the position
5. If claiming VRA, VEOA or Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214, which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference and/or 30% Disabled Veteran, you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference).
**ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS:** The VOW Act Chapter 21 of Title 5, United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 2108a, requires Federal agencies treat active duty service member as veterans, disabled veterans, and preference eligible, when they submit, at the time they apply for a Federal job, a "certification" of active service in lieu of a DD-214, assuming the service member is otherwise eligible. A "certification" letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. The service member's military service dates are necessary in order to determine whether he or she meets the definition of "veteran" under 5 U.S.C. 2108(1). The "certification" must reflect the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions **not later than 120 days after the date of submission**. The "certification" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Further, under paragraph (h) of the rule, agencies are required to verify a qualifying separation from military service prior to appointment, through the DD-214 or other appropriate documentation. Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Active duty members that fail to provide a valid "certification" of service with their initial application will be found "not eligible." Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
Performance Appraisals for Current Federal Civilian Employees** - Most recent performance appraisals (dated within last 3 years) showing the official rating of record, signed by a supervisor, or statement why the performance appraisal is unavailable. Applicant should not submit an appraisal that does not include this information.
**Awards for Current Federal Civilian Employees** - Copies of any award received within the last 3 years.
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
* How to Apply
## How to Apply
The complete Application Package **must** be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 08/21/2018
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10279877
To begin the process, click the **Apply Online**button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the **Submit My Application**button at the end of the process.
**To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:**
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications). If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent."
* It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
* If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
* For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Application Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 10279877
**PLEASE NOTE:** It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Human Resources **WILL NOT**modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
### Agency contact information
### Total Force Service Center
45 Nealy Avenue
Langley AFB, VA 23665
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
* Fair & Transparent
## Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
* Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
* An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
* Financial suitability
* Social security number request
* Privacy Act
* Signature and false statements
* Selective Service
* New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507949900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
*Open & closing dates:* 08/15/2018 to 08/21/2018
*Pay scale & grade:* GS 11
*Salary:* $61,218 to $79,586 per year
*Appointment type:* Permanent
*Work schedule:* Full-Time
Secure Aspects Group
We develop and implement innovative health solutions to improve the quality of life of all Americans. Our team brings decades of experience in managing federal and private sector information, communications, and technology contracts that span the health continuum. We deliver proven solutions to our clients that are rooted in deep content knowledge and functional expertise. Our seasoned management team helps to ensure the delivery of highly responsive services to clients who must respond to emerging trends, evolving missions, and changing market conditions.
**What You Will Be Doing**
- Responsible for helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme. Work closely with back-end developers and customers to ensure an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation.
- Responsible for designing and implementing new features and functionality, establishing and guiding the website's architecture, ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS. Work closely with front-end developers and customers to ensure an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation.
**What You Need for this Position**
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Experience developing web solutions in Drupal 8 and PHP implementations in a LAMP environment
- Ability to architect enterprise Drupal solutions including data, display, and information architecture
- Advanced site-building experience including deep familiarity with Drupal modules such as CTools, Views, and Panels
- Experience creating custom Drupal modules
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Extremely fluent with HTML5/XHTML and CSS
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes to have consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
**What's In It for You**
- Competitive base salary
- 10% bonus
- 401k, PTO, and excellent benefits
- Fun work environment and career growth
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
**CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer**
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Your Right to Work** – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Secure Aspects Group
Fire Inspector certification through International Code Council (ICC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) or Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM) is...
Secure Aspects Group
Adams County, IL
Office of the State Fire Marshal. Or, requires three years professional work experience performing building inspections, plan reviews or enforcement activities...
Secure Aspects Group
California Fire Service Training Education System Fire Prevention 1B or Fire Inspector II. Successful completion of California Fire Service Training Education...
Secure Aspects Group
Must obtain certification as a Fire Inspector II from the Nevada State Fire Marshal's office within 12 months from the date of appointment....
Secure Aspects Group
Successful completion of California State Fire Marshal Fire Inspector 1A, 1B, 1C, and 1D or Fire Prevention I series courses or International Code Council Fire...
Secure Aspects Group
Fire or building inspection:. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with an Associate's degree in Civil...